Rare Collection of 5 Press Photographs Featuring Adolf Hitler and Goering
This collection of 5 rare pre-war press photographs is for sale featuring Adolf Hitler and Field Marshall Goering, as well as German military displays on the occasion of the visit of Prince Paul and Princess Olga of Yugoslavia between 2 June 1939 starting a 8 day visit. The photographs feature the following:
- Adolf Hitler dressed in his uniform visiting Prince Paul and Princess Olga of Yugoslavia at Bellevua Palace, Berlin. 2 June 1939
- Adolf Hitler and Prince Paul inspecting the Guard of Honour, Berlin, 2 June 1939
- Adolf Hitler and Prince Paul view a fly-past by the German Airforce 3 June 1939
- Adolf Hitler and Prince Paul seen marching in a German military parade (part annotation sheet to the reverse, believed to be from the same parade as the previous photograph taken on 3 June 1939)
- Prince Paul meets Field Marshall Goering 5 June 1939
Incredible historic photographs of Adolf Hitler and the Germans on the cusp of the Second World War, demonstrating to the workd their military might.
All of the press photographs are on card and range in sizes from 7.50 x 10.00 inches (approximately) to 8.00 x 10.00 inches (approximately. All have their press agencies rubber stamps to the reverse, with 4 out of 5 having their full annotations to the reverse of the photograph, with one having a partial annotation.
This rare collection photographs were taken just a couple of months before the outbreak of the Second World War when Adolf Hitler invaded Poland on 1 September 1939, and are in Excellent condition with slight corner creases and light foxing to the reverse of the photographs.
These early pre-war press photographs featuring Adolf Hitler and his army rarely appear for sale and are of museum quality.