Elvis Presley Lawdy, Miss Clawdy UK Single 45-POP 408 1957
Artist: Elvis Presley
Title: Lawdy, Miss Clawdy/Tryin’ To Get To You
Format: UK 7 inch single
Record Catalogue Number: 45-POP 408
Record Label: His Master’s Voice (HMV)
Condition of the Record:
‘Lawdy, Miss Clawdy’ label has a mark in blue ink to the label (Please see the ‘Enlarged Images’), with Trying’ to Get To You being completely clean.
The vinyl is very clean and glossy, but with very light surface wear to the vinyl but no deep scratches.
Brief Details About the Record:
- This is the scarce and collectable HMV single with silver lettering on a maroon background label
- Elvis first recorded ‘Tryin’ To Get to You’ on February 5 in 1955 for his first record label that found him, Sun Records. A more acceptable version was recorded at Sun Records on July 11 in 1955.
- Elvis Presley recorded Lawdy, Miss Clawdy on February 3 in 1956 at RCA’s New York City’s Studios.
- 27 June 1968 Elvis sang Lawdy, Miss Clawdy during both his television performances (6pm and 8pm) for NBC, now known as the Elvis Comeback Special – Elvis’ return to live performances after making numerous films of the same format (screened on 3 December 1968)
- Elvis played part of ‘Lawdy, Miss Clawdy’ on the piano of his last acting role in Change of Habit (1969)
- 9 April 1972 Elvis sang ‘Lawdy, Miss Clawdy’ at Hampton Roads, Virginia with this performance used for the Elvis documentary, Elvis On Tour.